Wednesday, June 17, 2009

Sunday Regatta SYC

Sunday SYC hosted its weekly regatta pairing up ACA's and J class boats. MSR was on hand with 3 sailors ready to tackle the Olympic Long course.

Now I usually wait to post these until the race results are posted, but that hasn't happened yet so I will update when those results come online.

Reven, Neron, and Myself showed to put up a fight with some more varied sailors then we normally face. The race was split into 2 heats because of the number of boats on hand, with me in the first heat and Reven and Neron in the second heat. I took the the first heat by nearly a minute over the second place boat in a greatly uneventful race.

Neron and Reven took to the course in the second heat trying to get into the finals on time. Neron taking off to the south while Reven took a westerly course to stay clear of the fleet, yet still had Liv run afoul of him on a sim crossing. Both boats continued on their way. Later in what I can only assume was a leading or close to it position Reven fell overboard his boat and spent the rest of the event waiting for a fumbling Colin of the SLCG to eventually to not find him. I'm not knocking the CG just Colin. Neron however set the pace and advanced to the finals where he and I would square off to see who would take the day.

The Olympic Long course is a very large course covering most of the blake sea, with the first bouy at the far end of the sae giving lots of different courses and tacks to take to the first mark.
As Reven had done in the second heat I took the westerly course as Neron headed to the south.

When we finally reached the first mark I had a sizeable lead which would be too much for Neron to fight back from, giving me the title for the day, and enhancing Neron and I's scrap for most wins in the team. I may be 3 ahead in round wins but Neron races much more then I so everytime I beat him in our friendly competition is just 1 day longer I get to pick at him.

After the race I managed to locate Reven sitting on the rocks at fastnet lighthouse and returned him to dry land, thank you Colin your so much help.

Also Quirky took some great pictures of the race that you can see here.

When the race results become available I will post a link here as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment