Monday, June 29, 2009

Friday 26th ACA Races

It was my greatest pleasure this friday to get to race Gemma Vuckovic in the first 2 rounds. In the 1st round Gemma and I crossed paths slamming into each other at the line, graciously Gemma aloud me to keep the win in exchange for pieces of her bow that were lodged in my boat. I the 2nd round Gemma schooled me in tactics and showed me how much I still must learn.

In round 3 it momentarily looked as though there would be noone to race but LDeWell and Jeremia showed up ready to race, and after 2 clean rounds of racing Q decided to unleash whats now know as Muta hell. Q started the clock then informed us that we had to sail to a sim on the far side of Nautilus with a color bouy we had to round and said be gone. After a strong start I was forced back to rl, so I lined up the boat to the bouy and bailed into the oceans( I nearly hit Q, must aim better next time). Jeremia who was apparently just going to follow me rounded Nautilus without clearing the bouy and was disqualified, LDeWell and now Jaspar managed to round the bouy and head back for NYC line. LDeWell got lost and depending on which SLCG memeber is tasked with finding him he may never be recovered.

So all that remained was Jaspar, on course and headed back to the the line as the only one capable of finishing the race. As he got closer SL decided to make the race even harder and broke up the sims leaving him stuck where he sat. Once the sims came back online Jaspar crashed, but his boat was perfectly lined up and crossed the line to score him the victory in a very strange end to some great ACA racing.

No comments:

Post a Comment